Chapped and cracked lips are common in winters; cracked heels and dry skin makes most of you fear that winter is coming and you have you to deal with those again. Well, this is the ordeal of most women.
This winters follow the great health care tips mentioned in this article and get rid of the unhealthy lips, dry skin and cracked heels. The skin of your lips is very thin and has no oil glands, which could prevent it from chapping. So, you have to take extra precautions to keep them healthy.
Due to the dry air, our skin becomes dry and tends to crack; there are a lot of moisturizers and creams available in the market, but nothing would work if you aren’t immune to certain diseases in the winters.
Buying extra expensive skin care products will not cure your dry skin; protecting the skin from dryness is not only important for your appearance but also for your body. These can affect you with bacterial infections, cold sores, and other issues if they are chapped.
There are many reasons, on why your body is dry; some of the common reasons include:
- Change in weather
- Biting the lips
- Licking them when they go dry
- Touching the lips and skin with fingers transfer bacteria and can cause infections
- Using excessive chemicals
- Any form of alcohol can provoke irritation
- Using products with chemical preservatives
- Going to sleep with makeup on
- Using products with alcohol, retinol, and menthol
Care for your body!
Lips are the sensitive part of your body, and you should never ignore them in any season. Ignoring them can look make them unattractive, even if you are looking stunning from head to heels. In the same way, our skin needs special care in every season, and winters make the skin go dry and it needs special care, so that you don’t lose that radiant glow. Follow the below-mentioned tips for beautiful skin:
- There are many skin essentials present in the market for different body parts; so, while choosing the best skin care products among them, make sure you know they are good enough to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day, and you can rely on them during the winters. Choose the best lip balms with SPF 15 or higher, so the UV rays aren’t able to damage them. Choose the products, like perfumes or moisturizers that are free of fragrances and dyes, as they can irritate your skin and can cause inflammation. You can also opt for natural products or home remedies to keep the skin moisturized.
- Dehydration is the key point for lip chapping, dry skin; so make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day; avoid too much of caffeine, instead, drink juices to reach your daily fluid requirement.
- Licking and biting will irritate your lips and makes the chapping worse; if you are licking or biting your lips because of chapping or dryness, then apply and reapply lip balm to stop yourself.
- Winter and cold bring cold and flu with them; massaging can help your body to fight these by boosting the immune system. This can be done by increasing the lymph flow which is loaded with white blood cells, and it can fight infections around the body. Try massages like Swedish, lymphatic or hot stone Massage Therapy in Toronto , which will boost the lymph flow in the body.
- Exposing your skin to the harsh weather can cause dryness and flakiness. Try to stay indoors during the bitter cold, and make some adjustments to your lifestyle. If you go for walks in the winter, then find some indoor exercise activities, like aerobics to avoid the bitter cold.
- Cover your face, and it will prevent the moisture loss and flakiness. If you have to go out on a cold and windy day, then wrap a scarf over the bottom half of your face. Also cover your hair, so that your scalp is protected and the hair doesn’t get affected by the fog outside.
The outside air is dry, and this can cause your skin to dry. However, follow the above-mentioned tips for the beautiful, healthy and soft skin.